Indianapolis 500 race day start times?
- 5 a.m.: Garage opens
- 6 a.m.: Gates open
- 6:30 a.m.: Tech inspection
- 8:15 a.m.: Cars pushed to pit lane
- 10:30 a.m.: Cars on the starting grid
- 11:47 a.m.: Driver introductions
- 12:38 p.m.: Command to start engines
- 12:45 p.m.: Green flag for the 105th Indy 500
Qualifying for the Indy 500
The 33-car field for the Indy 500 will be set May 22-23.
Saturday, May 22: Practice from 9:30-10:30 a.m. (Peacock Premium); qualifying from noon-5:50 p.m. (Peacock Premium, NBC 2-3 p.m. ET, NBCSN, 3-6 p.m. ET)
Sunday, May 23: Practice from 11 a.m.-noon (Peacock Premium); Last Chance Qualifying 1:15-2:30 p.m. (Peacock Premium, NBCSN); Fast Nine Qualifying, 3-3:45 p.m. (Peacock Premium, NBC), Indy 500 practice 4:30-7 p.m. (Peacock Premium)
Practice for the Indy 500
There will be five practice-only days, starting Tuesday, May 18 and continuing through Carb Day on May 28.
May 18: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (oval veterans 10 a.m.-noon; rookies and refreshers noon-2 p.m.; 3-6 p.m. all drivers), Peacock Premium
- May 19: Noon-6 p.m., Peacock Premium
- May 20: Noon-6 p.m., Peacock Premium
- May 21: Noon-6 p.m., Peacock Premium
- May 28: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Peacock Premium, NBCSN